Episode 3: Keep it simple
Recap from the ATA World Expo
Tips for staying home with your kids while a parent is traveling
1. Get help from friends, family, babysitters
2. Stick to key elements of routine like bedtime, don’t change your meals
3. Bring them back a souvenir
4. Send a special toy on the trip and take pictures of the toy on the trip
Black Belt Business Tip: Keep it Simple
People often think that they don’t have to try hard on simple things because they aren’t difficult to do. They key to excellence is to nail the basics every time.
It’s not hard to do something right once, but it is hard to do it right every time.
- Systematize the things you want to get right every time
- Keep a beginners mind: even if you’ve done something many times, it’s the first time for someone
- Try a check list
- Check out Atul Gawande’s book The Checklist Manifesto
- Check lists give you better results and take less time
Stay in touch!
Check us out on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/MasterYourselfMartialArts
Instagram: @mr_penton or @pentonator
All of our episodes are available online at www.mycoffeebreakpodcast.com
Our music is Thingamajig by Jason Shaw used through a creative commons license.