1. It needs to be effective
2. It needs to have a moral foundation
3. It needs to be sustainable
4. Fun - T-Rex Sparring
Movie Recommendations: Kung Fu Panda
What do we want as Black Belt Parents?
1. We want our kids to be happy, well adjusted humans
2. We accept that we will make mistakes, and we want to do well enough that our kids can afford their own therapy.
3. We can't shield our children from discomfort and pain, we need to teach them to deal with it.
4. There is a balance we need to seek as a parent between independence and obedience.
5. We want our kids to be resourceful and be able to figure things out on their own
What do we want from our business?
1. We want to be doing what we love
2. We want to be doing what we're the best at
3. We want our business to support our family financially in a way that benefits both us and our community in a sustainable way
Book Recommendations: Good to Great by Jim Collins
Stay in Touch:
To learn more about our academy, Master Yourself Martial Arts in Titusville, Florida visit www.TitusvilleATA.com
Check out Maggie's personal blog On the Banks where she discusses her strategies for being a black belt parent and finding balance in her life.
If you have questions or comments about today's episode, visit us on
Instagram @maggie.penton or @mr_penton